The Vienna Convention for the protection of the Ozone Layer and its Montreal Protocol on substances that deplete the Ozone Layer
The Vienna Convention for the Protection of the Ozone Layer and its Montreal Protocol on Substances that Deplete the Ozone Layer are dedicated to the protection of the earths ozone layer. With 197 parties, they are the most widely ratified treaties in United Nations history, and have, to date, enabled reductions of over 97% of all global consumption of controlled ozone depleting substances (measured in ODP tonnes).
The Ozone Secretariat is the Secretariat for the Vienna Convention and for the Montreal Protocol. Based at the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) headquarters in Nairobi (Kenya), the Secretariat functions in accordance with Article 7 of the Vienna Convention and Article 12 of the Montreal Protocol.... More on the Secretariat
- Dates and Venues of Montreal Protocol Meetings in 2014
- Assessment Panels Meetings in 2014
- UNEP/DTIE OzonAction Programme - Schedule of Events
- Executive Committee Meetings
- The 72nd Meeting of the Executive Committee will take place from 12 - 16 May 2014 in Montreal, Canada.