Parties not wishing to receive products and equipment relying on Annex A and B Substances:
Antigua and BarbudaDoes not want to import vehicles, equipment and other systems which use ODS in their operations from Japan, Taiwan, Republic of Korea, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Singapore, Mexico, Brazil and Venezuela.
ArgentinaDoes not wish to import aerosol products whose functioning relies on Annex A substances for their propulsion, except for medical uses and cleaning of electronic circuits. By law 24040 the production of aerosols dependent on Annex A substances is prohibited since December 1993, except for the uses mentioned above.
AustraliaExcept portable fire extinguishers where:
- the product is essential for medical, veterinary, defence, industrial safety or public safety purposes; and no practical alternative exists to the use of scheduled substances in the operation or manufacture, as the case requires, of the product if it is to continue to be effective for such a purpose;
- because of the requirements of a law concerning the manufacture or use of the product, there is no practical alternatives to the use of the scheduled substances in the operation or manufacture, as the case requires, of the product; or
- the product is for use in conjunction with the calibration or scientific, measuring or safety equipment.
ChinaDoes not wish to import aerosol products except for medical use or other uses which have no alternatives up to now and whose continuing functioning relies on Annex A and Annex B substances.
Democratic Republic of the Congo
Dominican RepublicDoes not wish to import "domestic and/or commercial refrigeration and air conditioning/heat pump equipment (when containing controlled substances listed in Annex A or Annex B as a refrigerant and/or in insulating material of the product)...."
El SalvadorDoes not wish to import aerosol products except for medical use.
The European Union has banned the import of any product or equipment containing or relying on ozone depleting substances listed in Annex A, B, C or E, except for products and equipment:
- containing or relying on halons for critical uses, or
- to satisfy essential laboratory and analytical uses, or
- that are to be destroyed, or
- containing HCFC where the product or equipment benefits from a specific and individual exemption,
and for which a corresponding import license was issued.
Furthermore, the transit of unwanted products and equipment through the European Union and its Member States is not allowed.