Annex VI : Rules of procedure for meetings of the Executive Committee for the Interim Multilateral Fund
Unless otherwise provided for by the Montreal Protocol or by the decision of the Parties, or excluded by the Rules of Procedure hereunder, the Rules of Procedures for meetings of the Parties to the Montreal Protocol on Substances that Deplete the Ozone Layer shall apply mutatis mutandis to the proceedings of any meeting of the Executive Committee.
These Rules of procedure shall apply to any meeting of the Executive Committee for the Interim Multilateral Fund under the Protocol on Substances that Deplete the Ozone Layer convened in accordance with Article 11 of the Protocol.
For the purposes of these rules:
1. "Executive Committee" means the Executive Committee for the Interim Multilateral Fund as established by decision II/8 at the Second Meeting of the Parties to the Montreal Protocol.
2. "Committee members" means Parties selected as members of the Executive Committee for the Interim Multilateral Fund.
3. "Meeting" means any meeting of the Executive Committee for the Interim Multilateral Fund.
4. "Chairman" means the Committee member selected Chairman of the Executive Committee.
5. "Secretariat" means the Multilateral Fund Secretariat.
6. "Fund" means the Interim Multilateral Fund.
PLACE OF MEETINGS
The meetings of the Executive Committee shall take place at the seat of the Fund Secretariat, unless other appropriate arrangements are made by the Fund Secretariat in consultation with the Executive Committee.
DATES OF MEETINGS
1. Meetings of the Executive Committee shall be held at least twice every year.
2. At each meeting, the Executive Committee shall fix the opening date and duration of the next meeting.
The Secretariat shall notify all Committee members of the dates and venue of meetings at least six weeks before the meeting.
1. The Secretariat shall notify the President of the Bureau and the implementing agencies ‑ inter alia UNEP, UNDP and the World Bank ‑ of any meeting of the Executive Committee so that they may participate as observers.
2. Such observers may, upon invitation of the Chairman, participate without the right to vote in the proceedings of any meeting.
1. The Secretariat shall notify any body or agency, whether national or international, governmental or non‑governmental, qualified in the field related to the work of the Executive Committee, that has informed the Secretariat of its wishes to be represented, of any meeting so that it may be represented by an observer subject to the condition that their admission to the meeting is not objected to by at least one third of the Parties present at the meeting. However, the Executive Committee may determine that any portion of its meetings involving sensitive matters may be closed to observers. Non‑governmental observers should include observers from developing and developed countries and their total number should be limited as far as possible.
2. Such observers may, upon invitation of the Chairman and if there is no objection from the Committee members present, participate without the right to vote in the proceedings of any meeting in matters of direct concern to the body or agency which they represent.
In agreement with the Chairman and the Vice‑Chairman, the Secretariat shall prepare the provisional agenda for each meeting.
The Secretariat shall report to the meeting on the administrative and financial implications of all substantive agenda items submitted to the meeting, before they are considered by it. Unless the meeting decides otherwise, no such item shall be considered until at least twenty‑four hours after the meeting has received the Secretariat's report on the administrative and financial implications.
Any item of the agenda of any meeting, consideration of which has not been completed at the meeting, shall be included automatically in the agenda of the next meeting, unless otherwise decided by the Executive Committee.
REPRESENTATION AND CREDENTIALS
The Executive Committee shall consist of seven Parties from the group of Parties operating under paragraph 1 of Article 5 of the Protocol and seven Parties from the group of Parties not so operating. Each group shall select its Executive Committee members. The members of the Executive Committee shall be formally endorsed by the Meeting of the Parties.
Each Committee member shall be represented by an accredited representative who may be accompanied by such alternate representatives and advisers as may be required.
If the Chairman is temporarily unable to fulfill the obligation of the office, the Vice‑Chairman shall in the interim assume all the obligations and authorities of the Chairman.
If the Chairman or Vice‑Chairman is unable to complete the term of office the Committee members representing the group which selected that officer shall select a replacement to complete the term of office.
1. The Secretariat shall:
(a) Make the necessary arrangements for the meetings of the Executive Committee, including the issue of invitations and preparation of documents and reports of the meeting;
(b) Arrange for the custody and preservation of the documents of the meeting in the archives of the international organization designated as secretariat of the Convention; and
(c) Generally perform all other functions that the Executive Committee may require.
The Chief Officer of the Secretariat shall be the Secretary of any meeting of the Executive Committee.
Decisions of the Executive Committee shall be taken by consensus whenever possible. If all efforts at consensus have been exhausted and no agreement reached, decisions shall be taken by a two‑thirds majority of the Parties present and voting, representing a majority of the Parties operating under paragraph 1 of Article 5 and a majority of the Parties not so operating present and voting.
The meeting of the Executive Committee shall be conducted in those official languages of the United Nations required by members of the Executive Committee. Nevertheless the Executive Committee may agree to conduct its business in one of the United Nations official languages.
AMENDMENTS TO RULES OF PROCEDURE
These rules of procedure may be amended according to Rule 17 above and formally endorsed by the Meeting of the Parties to the Montreal Protocol.
OVERRIDING AUTHORITY OF THE PROTOCOL
In the event of any conflict between any provision of these rules and any provision of the Protocol, the Protocol shall prevail.