I, Bassam Elassaad, nominated by Lebanon and residing in Toronto, Canada, member of RTOC, Chapter Lead Author of Chapter 13 on Servicing, co-author of chapter 2 on Sustainability, and member of TSB (Task Force XXVI/9, XXVII/4, XXVIII/10, and XXX/5, XXXI/1, and XXXI/7), declare as follows:
1) I have read the Conflict of Interest and Disclosure Guidelines for the Technology and Economic Assessment Panel, its Technical Options Committees and Temporary Subsidiary Bodies (“the COI Guidelines”) as adopted by the Meeting of the Parties in Decision XXIV/8.
2) My responsibilities include:
In my capacity as RTOC and TSB member, an amount of my working time is spent on RTOC and TSB issues. I also do on voluntary basis work for industry and engineering societies like ASHRAE. As an independent consultant, I provide services to organizations and institutes dealing with technical, environmental, and regulatory issues related to the refrigeration and air conditioning industry. I do consulting work for implementing agencies on matters related to the Montreal Protocol. All consultancies are conducted on a short-term assignment basis.
I do not own stock or have proprietary interest in companies producing ODS or their alternatives or substitutes.
3) This declaration constitutes my written agreement, pursuant to paragraph 8 of the COI Guidelines, to comply with the Guidelines. I understand that this written agreement is a condition of my service.
4) My interests include the following
· Proprietary interests: [None related to ODS or their alternatives]
· Financial interests: [None related to ODS or their alternatives]
· Employment, consultancy, directorship or other positions: [Work assignments as described in numeral 2 above]
· Government advice and other policy development: [None]
· Paid research activities, fellowships or grants: [None]
· Other interests: [None]
5) I conduct all work relating to RTOC and TSBs on an entirely voluntary (unpaid) basis. UNEP Nairobi funds travel and accommodation related to my participation in RTOC and TSB meetings.
6) Pursuant to paragraph 11 of the COI Guidelines, I declare that I have not declined to disclose information falling within paragraph 10 of those Guidelines.
7) I undertake to disclose any material change to any of the above information, pursuant to paragraph 9 of the COI Guidelines, within 30 days of any such change.
8) I undertake to make further declarations of interest annually for so long as I remain a member of the TEAP and the RTOC.
9) I understand that this DOI will expire no later than one year after I have signed it.
Date: January 11, 2021
I, Marco Antonio Gonzalez Salazar, a national of and residing in Costa Rica, Senior Expert of TEAP and member of the Task Forces on the Replenishment of the Multilateral Fund and on the CFC- 11 Emissions, declare as follows:
Marco A. González Salazar