Decision VIII/23: Compliance with the Montreal Protocol by Lithuania
The Eighth Meeting of the Parties decided in Dec. VIII/23:
- To note that, according to the information provided by Lithuania and the statement made by its representative at the fourteenth meeting of the Implementation Committee, Lithuania would be in a situation of non-compliance with the Montreal Protocol in 1996;
- To note also that there is a possibility of non-compliance by Lithuania in 1997 so that the Implementation Committee might have to revert to that question that year;
- To note also that major efforts are being made by Lithuania to meet its obligations under the Protocol, even in the absence of external financial assistance for investment projects;
- To urge Lithuania to ratify the London Amendment to the Montreal Protocol and provide immediately a timetable for the ratification process;
- To recommend that international funding agencies should consider favourably the provision of financial assistance to Lithuania for projects to phase out ozone-depleting substances in the country;
- To keep under review the situation with regard to ODS phase-out in Lithuania.