Decision XV/16: Non-compliance with data reporting requirements under Article 7, paragraphs 1 and 2 of the Montreal Protocol
The Fifteenth Meeting of the Parties decided in Dec. XV/16:
- To recall decision XIV/15 of the Fourteenth Meeting of the Parties, on non-compliance with data reporting requirements for the purpose of reporting data for base years;
- To note with appreciation that several Parties have submitted data for their base years following the adoption of decision XIV/15;
- To note, however, that the following Parties operating under Article 5, paragraph 1, have still not reported data for one or more of the base years (1986, 1989 or 1991) for one or more groups of controlled substances, as required by Article 7, paragraphs 1 and 2 of the Montreal Protocol: Cape Verde, China, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Honduras, Liberia, Libyan Arab Jamahiriya, Mali, Marshall Islands, Micronesia (Federated States of), Nauru, Nigeria, So Tom and Prncipe, Somalia and Suriname;
- To note further that Article 7, paragraphs 1 and 2 of the Protocol provide for Parties to submit best possible estimates of the data referred to in those provisions where actual data are not available;
- To request the relevant implementing agencies of the Multilateral Fund to make available to the Secretariat any data they have obtained which may be relevant;
- To request the Secretariat to communicate with the Parties referred to in paragraph 3 above and to offer assistance in reporting such estimates in accordance with Article 7, paragraphs 1 and 2.