Decision XV/56: Extraordinary Meeting of the Parties
The Fifteenth Meeting of the Parties decided in Dec. XV/56:
Recognizing that the Fifteenth Meeting of the Parties has been unable to complete consideration of the items on its agenda,
Recalling Article 11, paragraph 2, of the Protocol,
Having regard to paragraph 3 of rule 4 and to rule 13 of the rules of procedure,
- To deem necessary an extraordinary Meeting of the Parties, to be funded from the Trust Fund of the Montreal Protocol;
- That the extraordinary Meeting of the Parties shall be held from 24 to 26 March 2004;
- That the provisional agenda of the extraordinary Meeting of the Parties is set out in the annex to the present decision;
- To make a financial provision of 96,000 from the Trust Fund of the Montreal Protocol for the 2004 budget, for the expenses of the extraordinary Meeting of the Parties, including funds for the attendance of the members and experts of the Methyl Bromide Technical Options Committee at its special meeting.
Provisional agenda for the extraordinary Meeting of the Parties
- Opening of the Meeting.
- Organizational matters:
- Adoption of the agenda;
- Organization of work.
- Discussion on the issues and on draft decisions:
- Adjustment of the Montreal Protocol regarding further specific interim reductions of methyl bromide for the period beyond 2005, applicable to Article 5 Parties;
- Nominations for critical use exemptions for methyl bromide;
- Conditions for granting and reporting critical use exemptions for methyl bromide;
- Consideration of the working procedures of the Methyl Bromide Technical Options Committee as they relate to the evaluation of nominations for critical use exemptions;
- Adoption of the report of the extraordinary Meeting of the Parties;
- Closure of the Meeting.