Decision V/18: Timetable for the submission and consideration of essential-use nominations
The Fifth Meeting of the Parties decided in Dec. V/18:
- To request the Parties to submit their nominations for each production and consumption exemption for substances other than halon for 1996 in accordance with decision IV/25, with the presumption that the Meeting of the Parties will be held on 1 September;
- To modify the timetables in decision IV/25 for nominations for halon production and consumption exemptions for 1995 and subsequent years, and for nominations for production and consumption exemptions for substances other than halon for 1997 and subsequent years as follows: to set 1 January of each year as the last date for nominations for decisions taken in that year for any subsequent year;
- To request the Technology and Economic Assessment Panel and its relevant Technical Options Committees to develop recommendations on the nominations and submit their report through the Secretariat by 31 March of that year;
- To request the Open-ended Working Group of the Parties to consider the report of the Technology and Economic Assessment Panel and make its recommendations to the subsequent meeting of the Parties;
- To request the Technology and Economic Assessment Panel to assemble and distribute a handbook on essential uses nominations including copies of relevant decisions, nomination instructions, summaries of past recommendations, and copies of nominations to illustrate possible formats and levels of technical detail.