Decision V/9: Executive Committee of the Multilateral Fund for the Implementation of the Montreal Protocol
The Fifth Meeting of the Parties decided in Dec. V/9:
- To adopt the budget for 1994-1996 of US$ 510,000,000 for the Multilateral Fund for the Implementation of the Montreal Protocol with the understanding that US$ 55,000,000 of that sum will be provided by funds unallocated during the 1991-1993 period;
- To urge all Parties to pay their outstanding contributions promptly and also to pay their future contributions promptly and in full, in accordance with the formula for contributions as set out in Annex II to the report of the Fifth Meeting of the Parties;
- To adopt the scale of contributions for the Multilateral Fund based on the replenishment of US$ 455,000,000 as set out in Annex II in the report of the Fifth Meeting of the Parties; US$ 151,666,666 for 1994, US$ 151,666,667 for 1995 and US$ 151,666,667 for 1996.
- To endorse the selection of Australia, Denmark, France, Japan, Norway, Poland and the United States of America as members of the Executive Committee representing Parties not operating under paragraph 1 of Article 5 of the Protocol, and the selection of Algeria, Argentina, Brazil, Cameroon, India, Malaysia, Venezuela as members representing Parties operating under paragraph 1 of Article 5, for one year;
- To endorse the selection of Malaysia to act as Chair and of Australia to act as Vice-Chair of the Executive Committee for one year.