Annex III : Non-compliance procedure
1. If one or more Parties have reservations regarding another Party's implementation of its obligations under the Protocol, those concerns may be addressed in writing to the Secretariat. Such a submission shall be supported by corroborating information.
2. The Party whose implementation is at issue is to be given the submission and a reasonable opportunity to reply. Such reply and information in support thereof is to be submitted to the Secretariat and to the Parties involved. The Secretariat shall then transmit the submission, the reply and the information provided by the Parties, to the Implementation Committee referred to in paragraph 3, which shall consider the matter as soon as practicable.
3. An Implementation Committee is hereby established. It shall consist of five Parties elected by the Meeting of the Parties for two years, based on equitable geographical distribution. Outgoing Parties may also be reelected for one immediate consecutive term. At the first election, two Parties shall be elected for a oneyear term.
4. The Committee shall meet as necessary to perform its functions.
5. The functions of the Committee shall be to receive, consider and report on:
(a) Any submission made by one or more Parties in accordance with paragraphs 1 and 2;
(b) Any information or observations forwarded by the Secretariat in connection with the preparation of the report referred to in Article 12 of the Protocol.
6. The Committee shall consider the submissions, information and observations referred to in paragraph 5 with a view to securing an amicable resolution of the matter on the basis of respect for the provisions of the Protocol.
7. The Committee shall report to the Meeting of the Parties. After receiving a report by the Committee the Parties may, taking into consideration the circumstances of the case, decide upon and call for steps to bring about full compliance with the Protocol, including measures to assist the Party's compliance with the Protocol, and to further the Protocol's objectives.
8. The Parties involved in a matter referred to in paragraph 5 shall inform, through the Secretariat, the Meeting of the Parties of the results of proceedings taken under Article 11 of the Convention regarding possible noncompliance, about implementation of those results and about implementation of any decision of the Parties pursuant to paragraph 7.
9. The Meeting of the Parties may, pending completion of proceedings initiated under Article 11 of the Convention, issue an interim call and/or recommendations.
10. The Meeting of the Parties may request the Committee to make recommendations to assist the Meeting's consideration of cases of possible noncompliance.
11. The members of the Committee and any Party involved in its deliberations shall protect the confidentiality of information they receive in confidence.