Decision XIV/13: Data and information provided by the Parties in accordance with Article 7 of the Montreal Protocol
The Fourteenth Meeting of the Parties decided in Dec. XIV/13:
- To note that the implementation of the Protocol by those Parties that have reported data is satisfactory;
- To note with regret that 49 Parties out of the 180 that should have reported data for 2001 have not reported to date;
- To note further that lack of timely data reporting by Parties impedes effective monitoring and assessment of Parties’ compliance with their obligations under the Montreal Protocol;
- To strongly urge Parties to report consumption and production data as soon as the figures are available, rather than waiting until the final deadline of 30 September every year;
- To remind Parties operating under Article 5(1) that for the purposes of reporting data, under the provisions of Article 2A paragraph 2 and Article 5 paragraph 8 bis (a) the current control period extends from 1 July 2001 to 31 December 2002.