Decision IV/17C: Application of trade measures under Article 4 to non-Parties to the Protocol
The Fourth Meeting of the Parties decided in Dec. IV/17C:
is in compliance with the relevant provisions of the Protocol and may be exempt, between that time and the Fifth Meeting of the Parties, from the trade controls in paragraphs 2 and 2 bis of Article 4 of the Protocol;
- recalling that paragraph 8 of Article 4 of the Protocol permits a Meeting of the Parties to determine that a State not party to the Protocol is in full compliance with Articles 2, 2A to 2E and Article 4 of the Protocol and therefore is not to be subject to the trade controls specified in that Article, to determine provisionally, pending a final decision at the Fifth Meeting of the Parties, that any State not party to the Protocol which:
- has by 31 March 1993 notified the Secretariat that it is in full compliance with Articles 2, 2A to 2E and Article 4 of the Protocol;
- has by 31 March 1993 submitted supporting data to that effect to the Secretariat as specified in Article 7 of the Protocol;
- to request the Secretariat to transmit any such data received to the Implementation Committee and to the Parties;
- that a final decision on the position of such States will be taken at the Fifth Meeting of the Parties, taking account of any comment on the data of these States that the Implementation Committee may make.