Decision XIII/3: Evaluation study on the managing and implementing bodies of the financial mechanism of the Montreal Protocol
The Thirteenth Meeting of the Parties decided in Dec. XIII/3:
- To evaluate and review, by 2004, the financial mechanism established by Article 10 of the Montreal Protocol with a view to ensuring its consistent, effective functioning in meeting the needs of Article 5 Parties and non-Article 5 Parties in accordance with Article 10 of the Protocol, and to launch a process for an external, independent study in that regard which shall be made available to the 16th Meeting of the Parties;
- That the study shall focus on the management of the financial mechanism of the Montreal Protocol;
- That the terms of reference and modalities of the study shall be submitted to the 15th Meeting of the Parties;
- To consider the necessity to launch such an evaluation on a periodic basis;
- To request the existing evaluation mechanism in place within the United Nations system to provide the Meeting of the Parties, for its consideration, with any relevant findings on the management of the financial mechanism of the Montreal Protocol at any time such findings are available.