Decision XXXIV/11: Composition, balance and workload of the Technology and Economic Assessment Panel and its technical options committees
Acknowledging the important role of the Technology and Economic Assessment Panel and its technical options committees and temporary subsidiary bodies in the provision of independent technical and scientific assessments, which have assisted the parties in arriving at well-informed decisions,
Recalling decision XXIV/8, in which the parties set out the terms of reference, a code of conduct, and disclosure and conflict of interest guidelines for the Panel and its technical options committees and temporary subsidiary bodies,
Recalling also decision XXVIII/1, by which parties adopted the Kigali Amendment to the Montreal Protocol, and decision XXVIII/2, which set out elements associated with the Kigali Amendment,
- To request the Technology and Economic Assessment Panel, including through consultation by the co-chairs of the technical options committees with their members, to provide more information on existing challenges and potential options for the future configuration and function of its technical options committees, for consideration by the Open-ended Working Group of the Parties to the Montreal Protocol at its forty-fifth meeting, taking into account:
- Discussions and questions raised by parties at the forty-fourth meeting of the Open‑ended Working Group and the Thirty-Fourth Meeting of the Parties concerning the Panel’s recommendations in its 2022 progress report;
- The fact that the vast majority of HFC uses are in the refrigeration, air‑conditioning and heat-pump sector;
- Expertise required to provide technical and cost-related information to the parties, including in the context of implementation of the Kigali Amendment;
- Guidance provided in its terms of reference;
- The need to ensure continued collaboration and coordination across the technical options committees;
- To rename the Halons Technical Options Committee the Fire Suppression Technical Options Committee.
 Report of the Technology and Economic Assessment Panel, May 2022, vol. 1: Progress report.