Article 20: Depositary
- The Secretary-General of the United Nations shall assume the functions of depositary of this Convention and any protocols.
- The Depositary shall inform the Parties, in particular, of:
- The signature of this Convention and of any protocol, and the deposit of instruments of ratification, acceptance, approval or accession in accordance with articles 13 and 14;
- The date on which the Convention and any protocol will come into force in accordance with article 17;
- Notifications of withdrawal made in accordance with article 19;
- Amendments adopted with respect to the Convention and any protocol, their acceptance by the parties and their date of entry into force in accordance with article 9;
- All communications relating to the adoption and approval of annexes and to the amendment of annexes in accordance with article 10;
- Notifications by regional economic integration organizations of the extent of their competence with respect to matters governed by this Convention and any protocols, and of any modifications thereof.
- Declarations made in accordance with article 11, paragraph 3.