Decision VIII/13: Uses and possible applications of hydrochlorofluorocarbons (HCFCs)
The Eighth Meeting of the Parties decided in Dec. VIII/13:
- That UNEP distribute to the Parties of the Montreal Protocol a list containing the HCFCs applications which have been identified by the Technology and Economic Assessment Panel, after having taken into account the following:
- The heading should read “Possible Applications of HCFCs”
- The list should include a chapeau stating that the list is intended to facilitate collection of data on HCFC consumption, and does not imply that HCFCs are needed for the listed applications;
- The use as fire extinguishers should be added to the list;
- The use as aerosols, as propellant, solvent or main component, should be included, following the same structure as for other applications;
- That the Technology and Economic Assessment Panel and its Technical Options Committee be requested to prepare, for the Ninth Meeting of the Parties, a list of available alternatives to each of the HCFC applications which are mentioned in the now available list.