Decision IV/5: Non-compliance procedure
The Fourth Meeting of the Parties decided in Dec. IV/5:
- to note with appreciation the work of the Ad Hoc Working Group of Legal Experts on Non-Compliance with the Montreal Protocol;
- to adopt the non-compliance procedure, as set out in Annex IV to the report of the Fourth Meeting of the Parties;
- to adopt the indicative list of measures that might be taken in respect of non-compliance, as set out in Annex V to the report of the Fourth Meeting of the Parties ;
- to accept the recommendation that there is no need to expedite the amendment procedure under Article 9 of the Vienna Convention for the Protection of the Ozone Layer;
- to adopt the view that the responsibility for legal interpretation of the Protocol rests ultimately with the Parties themselves.