Decision VII/25: Provision by the Executive Committee of the Multilateral Fund of specific financial support for projects in low-volume-ODS-consuming countries (LVCs)
The Seventh Meeting of the Parties decided in Dec. VII/25 to request the Executive Committee of the Multilateral Fund to provide specific support to low-volume-ODS-consuming countries (LVCs) by:
- Allocating sufficient funds for projects in low-volume-ODS-consuming countries to further strengthen and expand awareness and training programmes, especially in the area of refrigerant management;
- Supporting specialized assistance such as a workshop to establish regulatory and legislative measures required to facilitate the phase-out of ozone-depleting substances;
- Allowing financing of eligible retrofitting projects, in sectors vital to LVC economies on a case-by-case basis where this can be shown to be the best approach;
- Requesting the United Nations Environment Programme, due to its extensive experience with low-volume-ODS-consuming countries (LVCs), to take the lead in preparing an overall approach in addressing these needs;
- Providing funds to low-volume-ODS-consuming countries, on a regional basis, to organize training workshops for their customs and other officers on the harmonized system and other systems to control and monitor consumption of ozone-depleting substances;
Approval of projects in low-volume-ODS-consuming countries and very low-volume-ODS-consuming countries should be based upon a more appropriate project-appraisal approach reflecting the particular circumstances encountered by the countries referred to above.