Decision X/19: Exemption for laboratory and analytical uses
The Tenth Meeting of the Parties decided in Dec. X/19:
- To extend the global laboratory and analytical essential-use exemption until 31 December 2005 under the conditions set out in annex II of the report of the Sixth Meeting of the Parties;
- To request the Technology and Economic Assessment Panel to report annually on the development and availability of laboratory and analytical procedures that can be performed without using the controlled substances in Annexes A and B of the Protocol;
- That the Meeting of the Parties shall each year, on the basis of information reported by the Technology and Economic Assessment Panel in accordance with paragraph 2 above, decide on any uses of controlled substances which should no longer be eligible under the exemption for laboratory and analytical uses and the date from which any such restriction should apply;
- That the Secretariat should make available to the Parties each year a consolidated list of laboratory and analytical uses that the Parties have agreed should no longer be eligible for production and consumption of controlled ozone-depleting substances under the global exemption;
- That any decision taken to remove the global exemption should not prevent a Party from nominating a specific use for an exemption under the essential uses procedure set out in decision IV/25.